Day 2: Recovery from the Jet Lag Hangover & FREE TIME!!!

 Awaking from a 12 Hour Slumber to the Beautiful Joensuu

- After a very long 32 hours awake, I was absolutely exhausted. I slept for 12 hours and throughly enjoyed it. When I woke up I was greeted by Burhan, Zenia, and Maddy who were inviting me to have a brunch. After getting up and getting ready I was ready to take on the city of Joensuu. Off to Brunch we go!!!!


A Sustainable Brunch Burger

- While we walked around the city center of Joensuu, we found a big building that kind of looked like a Barn. This barn had many solar panels on top of it, which looked amazing and is very sustainable. When we got inside, we came across an amazing burger restaurant called "Friends & BRGRS". The meal was so good we all planned to go back. Besides that, I found some of the most interesting sustainable garbages and recyling, and even a very interesting sustainable fork. This was truly the highlight of the day!!






Sleepy Time & HesBurger
- After brunch, I was very tired again due to the Jet Lag. Burhan and I eventually headed back to the hotel room and I took a two hour nap. This was much needed because I awoke with a new burst of energy. Once I had awoken, we decided to go to HesBurger, and it was actually a lot like McDonald's, and was very affordable.

THE NORTHERN LIGHTS HUNT
- Our Professors, Anahit and Anahita invited us to go out to try and catch the Northern Lights. Oh boy, was this an amazing idea, four of us went out with them to try and see the lights. At first we walked for a while and saw absolutely nothing, with a little bit of Placebo sightings. We even went to the forest to try and see them better; however, this proved unsuccessful, as we did not see anything. After this small letdown, we decided to go back to the hotel, and we were greeted with a surprise. I ended up spotting some red lights in the sky and went sprinting towards to sighting. After a much needed cardio sprint (I don't do cardio) we were lucky enough to catch the lights!!! Please see the photos attached below for an amazing Northern Lights Sighting.




THE END
Thank you so much for reading my Blog Entry. I sincerely hope you enjoyed it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: A Test of Endurance - Our Unforgettable Trek from Toronto to Joensuu

Day 4: Holy Koli!